Horseback riding: Stables in Allenspark, and Estes Park, 10 miles and 21 miles away respectively.
- Sombero Stables Allenspark, Estes Park and Rocky
- National Park Gateway Stables & Cowpoke Corner Corral Estes Park and Rocky
This area is great for rock climbing, and it’s one of our favorite activities near Allenspark! There’s a fun area called Iron Clads 4 miles away, the entrance to Longs Peak and the trail to its infamous Diamond is 12 miles away. The famous Lumpy Ridge area with Twin Owls and Sundance in Estes Park is only about 23 miles away. Continue to scroll down this page for more activities near Allenspark, Estes Park, and Lyons that you can enjoy.
Eldora Ski Area is about 30 minutes away, just beyond Nederland, CO. There’s great cross country skiing at Camp Dick 10 minutes down Route 72, just past Peaceful Valley. Of course, one of our very favorite activities near Allenspark: Rocky Mountain National Park Wild Basin entrance has miles and miles of hiking, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing. A stay at Hideout Cabins makes a great base camp for your Rocky Mountain adventure!
Fish along the Middle Saint Vrain directly in the back yard; Lilly Lake is a Gold Medal Fishery 15 miles down Highway 7.
There is famous Estes Park Lake where it is not uncommon to feel the powerful hits and massive runs of enormous brown
trout. Northern Pike and Tiger Muskies are also in abundance. And of course there are many streams and lakes in the Park if you like to walk where very few people go.
Our favorite fly shop: Laughing Grizzle Fly Shop The Laughing Grizzly Fly Shop is in a handy location to get a license, gear, fly fishing lessons and more. Located on the corner of Hwy 66 and Hwy 287, you will pass the shop as you come through Longmont on your way to Allenspark or Estes Park from I-25.
Shopping, Dining and Antique Shops:
Along the 21 mile stretch from
Raymond to Estes Park you’ll find many cafes and restaurants,
antique stores and souvenir shops. Be sure to check out Allenspark
and the Wild Basin area of Rocky Mountain National Park. Lyons
(15 miles south of the cabin) also has good restaurants, groceries
and cool bars with music.
Kids & Family Stuff:
Estes Park has a couple mini golf, go-carts, big slide and games places. We go every year with our kids and they never tire of it.
- Lake Estes Marina Great fun for families and kids! Boats, bicycles, surray pedal carts, fishing, picnicing. Spectacular views.
- Trout Haven Pond The Trout Pond is stocked every season with Rainbow Trout to guarantee a successful catch. No license required.
- Estes Park Ride-A-Kart & Cascade Creek Mini-Golf Family amusement park – just 1 mi. east of Visitor Ceneter. 2 great mini-golf courses & 8 great attractions & rides.
- Tiny Town Miniature Golf Family miniature golf close to town and Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Fun City Family Fun for Everyone! Mini-golf, go-karts, giant slides, bumper cars and boats. Let us make you smile!
While in Colorado